Communications and Marketing
Keeping You InformedWe all want to be in-the-know, engaged and involved. When it comes to city business, projects and events, tune in to the Communications Department, your source for city news and information.
Working closely with every city department, we:
- Get the word out - electronically, to the media and in print publications
- Serve as the hub for the city’s marketing, communications and public relations
- Cover everything from vital alerts to heartwarming stories
Connect with us on Social MediaWhatever your platform, we want to be part of your stream. Connect and interact with us today!
|@City of Lafayette
Social Media Policy
Comments or posts made by the public to any social media page under the control of the City of Lafayette will be monitored and while they will not be removed based on their opinion or viewpoint, the City reserves the right to remove comments that include:
- Comments unrelated to the purpose or topical scope of the page
- Personal identifying information or sensitive personal information
- Incitement to imminent lawless action
- Fighting words
- True threats
- Defamation (libel/slander)
- Solicitations to commit, or speech integral to, criminal conduct
- Information that could reasonably compromise public safety
- Promotion or advertisement in favor of, or in opposition to a political campaign or candidate
- Apparent spam
- Content posted by automatic software programs (i.e., “bots”)
- Information which may interfere or compromise current investigations, police tactics, and the safety of police staff and officers
- Copyrighted material (if posted without the copyright holder’s consent)
Additionally, please keep in mind that each social media platform utilized by the City of Lafayette has its own “community standards.” Thus, each operator Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Nextdoor, and LinkedIn have its own policies and standards concerning what may, and may not, be posted and the actions that it may take regarding unauthorized posts. Each may apply its own policies to remove comments, and the City of Lafayette does not control or direct each platforms application of its own community standards.
The City disclaims liability for advertisements, videos, promoted content, or comments posted by visitors to this page. The responsibility for external content of comments rest solely with the organization and individuals providing them. Any inclusion or exclusion of content or comments does not imply endorsement or opposition by the City of Lafayette or any of its employees or officers.
You live here. You want to know what’s going on and how you can benefit. Communicating that - and the amazing stories occurring every day in city departments and across the city - is where we step in.
Communications and Marketing Department
515 Columbia Street
Lafayette, IN 47901
Monday - Friday
8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.