Housing Choice Voucher Application Information
Apply for Housing
Our waiting list is currently open.
Maintaining Your Status on the LHA Waiting List It is your responsibility to ensure that all information on your application remains current. When your online application comes to the top of the waiting list, you will be notified by regular mail. If we are unable to contact you due to a returned letter, your name will be removed from the LHA waiting list.
Updating Your LHA Application Information You are required to update any changes in your name, address, phone number, e-mail address, income and family size. All changes must be completed on the LHA applicant portal.
To make changes on an application you already completed, CLICK HERE .
A Reasonable Accommodation ensures that persons with disabilities have full access to all LHA programs and services. Any applicant or resident may at any time during the application process or tenancy, request a reasonable accommodation to allow a disabled family to meet lease requirements or other requirements of tenancy [24 CFR 966.7(b)]. A reasonable accommodation may be a change, exception, or adjustment to a rule, policy, practice or service that may be necessary for a person with a disability to have an equal opportunity to use and enjoy a dwelling, including public and common spaces.
Applicants will be required to attend a mandatory full application meeting, as part of the eligibility and screening to help new program participants become familiar with the Section 8 housing program.
When the applicant’s name comes up on the waiting list for a particular community, they will be contacted by mail, to begin eligibility processing. The information provided to LHA by the applicant will then be verified for accuracy and eligibility.
All adult family members must meet the following federal guidelines and applicant screening criteria:
- Be a family as defined in LHA’s Admissions and Continued Occupancy Policy;
- Meet HUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status;
- Meet the applicant selection criteria and complete a full application appointment;
- Meet the screening requirements related to criminal activity and have accepted prior rental history;
- Not have any family members engaged in any criminal activity that threatens the life, health, safety or right to peaceful enjoyment of the premises by other residents, and not have any family members engaged in any drug-related criminal activity;
- Pay any money already owed to LHA; and
- Have an annual income that does not exceed income limits established by HUD (must not exceed 80% of Area Median Income (AMI) based on family size). (Income limit chart is available on LHA’s website or at the main office).