- Departments H - W
- Human Resources
Coordinating Employment MattersWith some 600 people employed by the city of Lafayette, and even more seasonally, the human resources department handles tasks such as:
- Posting jobs and accepting applications
- Administering health, vision, dental and other benefits
- Managing employee policies and procedures, salary administration, union/labor relations, training and performance areas
The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986 prohibits employers from knowingly recruiting, hiring, or referring for a fee any illegal workers. Please visit http://www.uscis.gov/ for more information.
The City also participates in E-Verify, an electronic program offered through the US Department of Homeland Security to verify the employment eligibility of employees after hire.
For police officer and firefighter positions, contact:
- Lafayette Police, Ali Callahan, 765-807-1220
- Lafayette Fire, Samantha Raderstorf, 765-807-1600
Do you have a Human Resources related question? Please contact at us firstname.lastname@example.org.
*In the event of an accident or medical emergency, please call 911. For all other incidents requiring after hours assistance, please call the non-emergency Police line at 765-807-1200.*